Interested In Becoming A Member?
Due to a recent By-Law change, we are now accepting applicants who reside within a 1-mile radius of 2801 Seneca Street! Yes, this means those who may reside in Buffalo.
Also, we recently adopted a Member’s Scholarship Fund for any active Firefighter to use while attending college or trade school part time or full time.
But wait, there’s more…
• LOSAP retirement pension program
• FREE Fire, Emergency Medical Technician, and CPR training
• FREE membership to Catalyst Fitness on Seneca Street in West Seneca
As an active firefighter in our company you will be expected to be just that, active. All new members will go through a 1 year probationary training period. You will need to attend at least 25% of all Company and 25% of District Functions (calls, trainings, etc.) New firefighters must take the state Firefighter 1 course as well as NYS EMT-Basic within 2 years of your membership. Training you may take includes courses on firefighting, victim extrication, rescue strategies, apparatus operation, and basic EMT. All training is free to members.
Please, even if your hesitant, or unsure if this is the right thing for you, contact our recruitment email, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss any of your concerns!
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older and out of high school.
- The applicant must live in the Town of West Seneca Fire District #5 or Boundary Fire District, or within a 1 mile radius of 2801 Seneca Street.
- The applicant must provide three letters of character reference which must be submitted with this application. (they shall not be family members)
- The applicant must not have any arson convictions or felony convictions
- The applicant should not have any serious physical limitations that would hinder his ability to perform the duties of a firefighter
Please click on the link below to electronically fill out an application. Once completed, save a copy and email it, along with 3 letters of reference to email@example.com